Friday, April 29, 2022
A Virtual Seminar, to be
presented via GotoWebinar
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Part 1: What Went Wrong? A Study in Surveyor Errors and Omissions
12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Part 2: What Went Wrong? A Study in Surveyor Errors and Omissions
Jeffery N. Lucas, JD, PLS, Esq.
Jeff Lucas is a licensed land surveyor in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and Tennessee. He is also a licensed attorney in the State of Alabama. Jeff is a recognized expert in land boundary law, riparian rights, and land surveying liability issues. He has practiced land surveying throughout the five southeastern states in which he is licensed. Jeff is also an author, columnist, lecturer and seminar presenter. He has authored three books on surveying, has over 100 nationally published articles and over 30 titles in his seminar library. Jeff has presented continuing education seminars at conferences from Alaska to Florida, from California to Nova Scotia, and most places in between. More information on Jeff can be found at: www.lucasandcompany.com
What Went Wrong? A Study in Surveyor Errors and Omissions
As I continue “Traversing the Law,” studying and writing about court cases involving boundary disputes and land surveyors, I have found everything from the ridiculous to the sublime. In some cases, I had to shake my head in disbelief over what I was reading, leaving me with just one question: What went wrong? This seminar will investigate the answer to this question by a detailed study of relevant court decisions involving surveyors and surveys that went terribly wrong. The painful lessons learned by others through the school of hard knocks can be painlessly explored and appreciated without the accompanying liability and damages that attach to boundary disputes and negligence actions. These cases will be studied and discussed through a Power Point presentation.
OBJECTIVES: To enhance professional competency and improve practitioner’s knowledge of the law as it relates to the practice of land surveying.
Spring Seminar Rates
|Non-Member Technical Staff||$97.75|
- Members in good standing of VSLS and kindred associations qualify for the member rate.
- Group rate available: 15% off for both members and non-members
- $25 late fee after April 22, 2022.
How Will the
- Attendees will need access to a stable Internet connection
- We will send login information prior to the webinar.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions by typing them into a message screen.
- The webinar will be recorded, and a link to the recording will be distributed to all attendees. If you have to leave before the webinar ends, you can watch the remainder on the recording and notify the VSLS office when you're done ([email protected]).