Member in Good Standing: $130.00
Life Member: $97.50
Non-member technical staff attending with member: $110.50
Three attendees from same firm (one must be member): $110.50
**After Dec. 2, a $25 late fee will be added.
8:00 a.m. - Noon
Round table sessions including these topics
• GPS on Benchmarks Initiative using OPUS Share, Dan Martin, Northeast Regional Geodetic Advisor
• VCGI Website Resources: Tim Terway, VCGI
• Shoreline Protection Act, Lindsay Miller, Lakes & Ponds Program Manager
• Permitting for Land Surveyors, Dave Burke, O’Leary Burke Associates
• Drones, Evan Robinson/David Tillberg, Rail and Aviation Bureau, VT AOT
• Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Joel Banaszak, Horizons Engineering
• Vermont Board Issues, Joe Flynn, VT Board of Land Surveyors
• NSPS News, Gayle Burchard, Vermont NSPS Director
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Buffet Lunch and Business Meeting
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Act 38 and the Land Surveying Community
with John Adams and David Fox, Vermont Center for Geographic Information
2:30 - 3:30 p.m.
Discussion on Rules and Statutes Changes
with Joe Flynn, Vermont Board of Land Surveyors
Vermont Act 38 (formerly Vermont House Bill H.526) will go into effect in January 2020. The new law requires that any change in a Vermont property boundary, either through a boundary line adjustment or subdivision, be documented with a survey plat that is submitted to a digital library that is publicly accessible. This library will be built and maintained by the Vermont Center for Geographic Information (VCGI). During this seminar, VCGI representatives will walk through the new law, explain how it will impact Vermont surveyors, and answer any questions participants may have.
This will be an open forum for the members of Vermont Society of Land Surveyors to express concerns and opinions on certain changes proposed by the board and practicing professionals. We will send out specific information ahead of time so attendees can review the material and offer informed feedback during the session.